Sunday, August 3, 2014

Sunday Brunch


Every Sunday after church my grandma and I sit down for a nice brunch. She usually makes a tasty salad and we sit and talk about what ever is on our hearts that day, how we felt about the sermon at church, what is going on in our lives, or what is to come. These brunch's give me a chance to spend time with someone I love so very much and reflect on the joys and blessings of each week. Blessings I would like to share with you! I hope these sunday devotionals make you think more about your own week and reflect and be thankful for even the littlest of things that make you oh so happy. 

Spending time with Lauren: To start off my week I spent time with one of my very best friends, Lauren. We had a girls weekend filled with movies, good food, and shopping. What could be better than that? Lauren and I don't get to spend much time together but when we do we always seem to pick up right where we left off. I appreciate her love, company, and friendship so much and wouldn't trade it for the world. 

Personal Shopper: As many of you know I am a thrift store JUNKIE, so when I tell you that I go into Plato's closet and Goodwill at least once a week I mean it. This past week a family friend asked me to take her and her daughter into Plato's to do some back to school shopping for them. After about an hour of picking out and trying on clothes Megan (the daughter) left with a few bags of clothes and accessories, and everyone thinking I was her own personal shopper. A few days later I came in looking for a dress for myself with Megan by my side. As I was at the register paying for my dress the cashier asked me, "this might be a weird question, but are you a personal shopper?" I couldn't tell you the excitement and giddiness that filled me. I went back to the car and Megan was laughing at me because I was so excited that someone actually thought was a personal shopper! Needless to say that girl made my day. 

Happy Birthday: Last but not least, as many of you know this week came with a very special day, my birthday! I woke up to my parents screaming "Happy Birthday!" raiding my room giving hugs and kisses. After, my father and I headed out to IHop for our father daughter breakfast date where we laugh, talk business, and just enjoy each others time. Next, I sat down to get my feet rubbed and toenails painted with one of my best friends, Katy, sitting right beside me, laughing at me for being so ticklish. I spent the rest of the day relaxing and getting ready for the Sheryl Crow concert, and oh how fun that was! With my grandma and mom right beside me, we danced the night away. I ended the night with some of my closest friends, playing games and reading through tinder pickup lines. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday, thank you to everyone who made it special!! I can't thank you enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment